Thursday, March 08, 2007

Playing Politics?

I previously posted on the non-binding resolution that passed in the U.S. House of Representatives. It it, I questioned whether or not these people who were "sending a message" to the President would ever actually vote to cut funding and bring our troops home, like they said they wanted to do.

Boy, did they show me. Check this out, from Yahoo! News:
In a direct challenge to President Bush, House Democrats are advancing legislation requiring the withdrawal of U.S. combat troops from Iraq by the fall of next year.
Hmmm, the fall of next year. Fall - that would be like October & November. And this is 2007, so next year would most likely be 2008. Is there anything else going on in the fall of 2008? Like on November 4, perhaps?

I would say I'm surprised, but then I would be lying. I'm really disgusted that these politicians continue to play politics with the war. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: IF YOU WANT TO END THE WAR, END THE WAR!!! Don't mess around with the lives of our soldiers. Either give them the support and resources they need to win, or bring them home.

(Side note, your honor - has our youth sports league policy of not keeping score or caring who wins really spread up to our Congress?)

This seems to be a pretty clear statement that the Democratic leadership of the House just disagrees with (I would say "hates," but it's an awfully strong word) the President, but wants him to be responsible for whatever happens. They're saying, "You need to end this war and bring our troops home, or else your party will lose the election in 2008."

No comments: