Thursday, January 15, 2009

Family Driven Faith

I just finished reading Voddie Baucham's Family Driven Faith: Doing What It Takes To Raise Sons And Daughters Who Walk With God. I really enjoyed this book, as it made me think about the responsibility I have to evangelize and disciple my children - that it's not something I can "outsource" to children's ministry personnel, youth group leaders, or the youth pastor at church. Baucham's words ring deep and true, both convicting and encouraging families, especially fathers.

I'd recommend this book to anybody who has kids or is planning on having kids. I'd also recommend reading the review of Family Driven Faith at the 9Marks website. Michael Lawrence, associate pastor at Capitol Hill Baptist Church in Washington, DC, provides some good words of critique which he says "responds to a matter of secondary significance in Baucham's book," regarding the nature and purpose of the church.

No comments: