Monday, April 30, 2007

R-E-S-P-E-C-T?

I would have thought this was funny if it wasn't true. It's Britain's Respect Task Force. Just take a few minutes and browse the site - I found the definitions and discussions of "anti-social behavior" interesting:
A legal definition of anti-social behaviour is found in the Crime and Disorder Act 1988. The Act describes anti-social behaviour as 'acting in an anti-social manner as a manner that caused or was likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to one or more persons not of the same household as the complainant'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm so glad I learned about this. We've got several months left here, and I don't want to be prosecuted for such things as anti-social drinking or reckless driving of mini-motorbikes. I'll make sure to be overly social whenever partaking in beverages, and I'll make sure that if I'm driving recklessly, it'll be on my full-sized motorbike. Not my mini-motorbike. Mostly, though, I'll be certain not to have any yobbish behaviour. (Yeah, that's my favorite, I'm going to have to ask one of my friends what that really means.) Seriously, people. No yobbish behavior. None. ~J in the UK