From Denver, Colorado:
Up here, in the "
- George Bush did not come.
- FEMA did nothing.
- No one howled for the government.
- No one blamed the government.
- No one even uttered an expletive on TV.
- Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton did not visit.
- Our Mayor did not blame Bush or anyone else.
- Our Governor did not blame Bush or anyone else, either.
- CNN, ABC, CBS, FOX or NBC did not visit - or report on this category 5 snowstorm. Nobody demanded $2,000 debit cards.
- No one asked for a FEMA Trailer House.
- No one looted.
- Nobody - I mean nobody - demanded the government do something.
- Nobody expected the government to do anything, either.
- No Larry King, No Shepard Smith, No Oprah, No Chris Mathews and No Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.
- No Sean Penn, No Barbara Streisand, No Hollywood types to be found.
- Nope, we just melted the snow for water.
- Sent out caravans of SUV's to pluck people out of snow engulfed cars.
- The truck drivers pulled people out of snow banks and didn't ask for a penny.
- Local restaurants made food and the police and fire departments delivered it to the snowbound families.
- Families took in the stranded people - total strangers.
- We fired up wood stoves, broke out coal oil lanterns or Coleman lanterns.
- We put on extra layers of clothes because up here it is "Work or Die".
- We did not wait for some affirmative action government to get us out of a mess created by being immobilized by a welfare program that trades votes for 'sittin at home' checks.
- Even though a Category "5" blizzard of this scale has never fallen this early, we know it can happen and how to deal with it ourselves.