TAG RULES:I'm too lazy to come up with eight random facts about myself, so I'll take 8 of the 12 (?) my sister used. And instead of "tagging" anybody at the end, I'll let any reader tag themselves if they so choose - just leave a comment with a link to your blog if you want to participate. (I don't want to make anyone think I'm chasing them and trying to cause conflicts, yet I don't think I need to follow the precedent of the Colorado Springs elementary school that banned tag recently.)
1. All right, here are the rules.
2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
4. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose five people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog .
1. How's your weather today?
Currently 70 degrees, with fairly clear, calm skies.
2. What steals your joy?
Pride, anger, and lust. Yeah, I think that about sums it up.
3. What is your favorite Scripture passage?
It's kind of a long one - Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21. If I had to choose one, right now it would probably be:
But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.4. Who in the Bible do you think you are most like?
- Galatians 4:4-5 (ESV)
Probably sometimes like some of the Pharisees that Jesus spoke against. I often identify with Paul in Romans 7.
5. The passage of Scripture you read last was:
Deuteronomy 19 - speaks mostly of cities of refuge. I don't understand why these were instituted. All I can think of is as a picture of sinners running to Christ for refuge from the just condemnation for their sins.
6. If you were making a greeting card for God, what would you say?
I think the angels in Isaiah's vision of the Lord said it well: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory." - Isaiah 6:3b (NIV)
7. What is the best miracle God has performed in your life, or what is your favorite answered prayer?
You mean besides God making me alive with Christ when I was dead in my sins? How about the birth and adoption of my son, who was scheduled to be aborted on three separate occasions?
8. What is the most fun thing you've done lately?
Hearing my son say "dada" today. Sure it's just baby gibberish and he doesn't mean anything by it, but it's still fun.