You might be a Pelagian if:
- When thinking of salvation you draw on the old Smith Barney commercial (i.e., "We get to heaven the old fashioned way.... We earn it!")
- You think "Amazing Grace" refers to someone's girlfriend.
- You think the whole fuss about original sin is just sinfully wrong-headed.
- Simply hearing the name Augustine makes you break out in a rash.
- You think "propitiation" is something that happens to your heart when you over-exert yourself.
- The Beatles song which goes, "one two three four five six seven, all good children go to heaven" is in a continuous loop inside your head.
- Your last name happens to be Pelagius.
- You think the lines from Invictus "I am the master of my fate, the captain of my soul" are found in the book of Proverbs.
- You think "self esteem" is the most crucial component of sanctification.
- To the question, "What is your only comfort in life and death?" you answer by saying, "That I am my own, and have been taught to be nice."
Saturday, July 14, 2007
You Might Be ...
I found this in the current issue of Modern Reformation: