Yuval Levin--author most recently of Imagining the Future: Science and American Democracy--shows four basic myths that the public and the media believe about embryonic stem cell research and policy:
Read the whole thing.
- Obama has restored federal policy to what it was prior to Bush’s 2001 stem cell policy announcement.
- The Bush policy was a ban on embryonic stem cell research.
- There are no viable scientific alternatives to the destruction of human embryos.
- The promise of pluripotent stem cells is quite certain.
- The President Politicizes Stem-Cell Research, by Robert P. George and Eric Cohen
- Obama's False Choice, by Yuval Levin
- Science Over All? by Yuval Levin
- Winning Smugly, William Saletan (pro-choice journalist)
- Obama Also Rescinds Executive Order for Alternatives to ESCR, By Wesley J. Smith
- Perpetuating a Needless Stem-Cell War, by Ryan T. Anderson
- Stem Cells: A Political History, by Joseph Bottum and Ryan T. Anderson
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Myths About Embryonic Stem Cell Research
From Justin Taylor: