Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Outsourcing

Does anybody know if there is a computer manufacturer who uses fluent English-speaking Americans on their tech support phone lines for home users? I used to work in tech support myself, and the company I worked for bought Gateway computers. Gateway's business tech support was always good to work with (except for the occasional person), i.e. they spoke & understood English without heavy foreign accents. But in the past couple of years, I've called both Dell and HP for different issues regarding home computers. Both times I was speaking to people that I could barely understand, and it seemed like they barely understood me. (One HP "technician" transfered me to the sales department today - don't ask me why.) Maybe I just need to suck it up and learn Hindi, and the 14 other "official" languages of India.

But seriously, does anybody know of a computer company that has US-based tech support?

No comments: